Online Marketing Tips for Movers as Communities Re-Open
As restrictions due to COVID-19 begin to ease around the country, more and more communities are allowed to re-open their businesses, parks, restaurants, and more. As the owner of a moving company, you may have experienced a downtick over the last two months as people decided not to risk moving homes during such a volatile time. Whether you chose to close down completely or you remained opened in limited capacity keeping social distancing and sanitizing practices in mind, you likely took a hit.
Now, things are starting to look back up again and you’re ready to go back full steam. But it will take some work on your part to get your marketing strategy back on track and prepared to handle the surge. That will come in the form of advertising so customers will know you’re ready to handle their move.
Here is a list of online marketing tips geared specifically to movers:
1. Update Google My Business
Your Google My Business listing will need to be updated. To make it easy on you, Google My Business has a section where you can update what you’re doing to ease customer concerns.
You can provide updates about your business such as:
- Adjusted hours of operation.
- Whether or not your business services are experiencing delays.
- Any extra services you will provide for the community.
- If your business is marked “temporarily closed.”
These updates will appear on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps. Google will review the changes before publishing, so expect a short delay.
2. Optimize Your Yelp Profile
Next, head over to Yelp, which has a COVID update that you should fill out. In addition to being a great place to showcase reviews, Yelp has added an optional COVID-19 Advisory Alert banner to the top of all Yelp Business Pages. You will be able to edit this alert to share a custom message with updates as the pandemic progresses and restrictions ease. Examples include:
- Extra precautions you are taking, such as wearing face masks, gloves and booties, and sanitizing trucks in between customers
- Reduced hours of operation
- Virtual video move estimates to temporarily take the place of in-person estimates
- Any add-on services, such as COVID cleanup.
- No-contact packing and unpacking
3. Advertise Your Strategy
It’s important that people know about your updated strategies, and that begins with online marketing, on your website, social media pages, and more.
Next, dedicate a page to preparing them for their move. Include helpful tips by the American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA), World Health Organization (WHO), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Then, explain what customers can do to help the process, such as:
- Clear entrances and provide indoor ventilation to reduce cross-infection of airborne infectious disease.
- Provide disinfection and hand washing supplies to movers.
- Practice social distancing.
- Sanitize personal belongings.
4. Post Blogs and Videos
Education is key these days, as many people are confused about the virus and how it will affect their move. One of the best online marketing strategies you can employ is to post regular blogs and videos about how you are handling the challenge, safety precautions you are taking, and tips on how customers can stay safe during their move.
5. Improve Google Ads Copy
Make sure you are showing for people who are searching COVID-related keywords, testing ad copy that tailors to it, and most importantly having a page on your website with a banner CTA linking them to it so they can see your precautions. If you haven’t already, create an “Our Response to COVID-19” banner at the top of your website notifying customers what you are doing to keep them safe.
6. Create Sponsored Links on Instagram or Facebook to Capture More Leads
Because consumers are spending much more time on their phones now, consider sponsored links on Facebook or Instagram to build up your social media presence, drive awareness, and increase customers.
This has been a guest blog post by the team at Today’s Local Media, a leading nationwide marketing company for movers, specializing in Web Design, Local SEO, & Google Ads. Contact them today for a free marketing audit.
Categories: Marketing Tech & Resources, Online Marketing and Website