Collection of Information
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to, directly or indirectly, a particular consumer or household. The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect from you or about you:
- Identifier Information: We may collect identifying information which may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), and contractor certifications and authorizations.
- Commercial Information: We may collect information that you submit when you contact FMAdata customer support, provide reviews, or otherwise contact FMAdata.
- Internet or Network Activity: We may collect information related to a User’s browsing history, search history, or information on an individual’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Information: We may collect and create a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
- House Information: We may collect information about homeowners related to his or her home. Such information may include home images, observed asking price, purchase price, cost of home services, service requests, warranty information, and other home related information.
- Property Public Record Data: We may obtain a file of a property's legal description, assessed tax and market values, tax information, owner information, and other characteristics of the property.
Use of Personal information
FMAdata’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide marketing leads for Home Service Providers to market certain home related services to Individuals. FMAdata may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- Fulfilling your requests for purchasing products or services.
- Understanding and analyzing the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Data Platform better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
- To personalize your experience on the Data Platform and to deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests.
- To provide Users with maintenance and support including responding requests for customer support or responding to your feedback.
- To send you materials, updates, information, special offers, and promotional material from us and from other Users and our partners.
- To respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- Joint Home Service Provider Offerings. We may jointly offer events or any other product or service offerings with Home Service Providers. The personal information that you submit through an event, promotion, or other product or service offering may be combined and transmitted with the registration information related to your account. Home Service Providers may collect information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by us. If you decide to request, enter into, or participate in an event, promotion, or other product or service offering that is offered by us and identified as a joint effort with a Home Service Provider, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with that identified Home Service Provider.
- Referrals. You may recommend other Users to join the Data Platform or receive home related services by providing their contact information.
Security of Personal Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
FMAdata has implemented the following methods that you may use to modify your personal information, or choose how your information is used:
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Data Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
- Promotional E-mails. If we obtain your e-mail address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Data Platform, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional e-mails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders for products and service you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Data Platform.
- Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast, except as required by law.
Additional California Privacy Rights
Or by calling (303) 443-2070.