Collection of Information
The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect from you or about you:
- Identifier Information: We may collect identifying information which may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), and contractor certifications and authorizations.
- Commercial Information: We may collect information that you submit when you contact FMAdata customer support, provide reviews, or otherwise contact FMAdata.
- Internet or Network Activity: We may collect information related to a User’s browsing history, search history, or information on an individual’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. We may also collect information about your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Information: We may collect and create a profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
- House Information: We may collect information about homeowners related to his or her home. Such information may include home images, observed asking price, purchase price, cost of home services, service requests, warranty information, and other home related information.
- Property Public Record Data: We may obtain a file of a property's legal description, assessed tax and market values, tax information, owner information, other characteristics of the property, and other data from public records.
FMAdata, our service providers, and our advertising partners (such as Google) may indirectly collect information, such as internet or network activity, from you automatically through the Data Platform. For example, we receive personal information from Users when a User visits and navigates our Data Platform on any device. FMAdata collects some personal information automatically using Cookies or other online tracking technologies.
Use of Personal information
FMAdata’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide privacy related services for organizations who are required to comply with certain privacy laws. FMAdata may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- Fulfilling your requests for purchasing products or services.
- Establish and maintain your account on the Data Platform.
- Understanding and analyzing the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Data Platform better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
- To personalize your experience on the Data Platform and to deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests.
- To provide Users with maintenance and support including responding requests for customer support or responding to your feedback.
- To send you materials, updates, information, special offers, and promotional material from us and from other Users and our partners.
- To respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third-party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- Joint Offerings. We may jointly offer events or offerings with other third-party product or service providers. The personal information that you submit through an event, promotion, or other product or service offering may be combined and transmitted with the registration information related to your account. Third-parties may collect information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by us. If you decide to request, enter into, or participate in an event, promotion, or other product or service offering that is offered by us and identified as a joint effort with a third-party, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with that identified third-party.
- Referrals. You may recommend other Users to join the Data Platform or receive privacy related services by providing their contact information.
- Marketing Leads. We may combine the personal information we collect from various sources and share it with our business partners and customers, including Service Providers, in order to provide our products and services.
Security of Personal Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
FMAdata has implemented the following methods that you may use to modify your personal information, or choose how your information is used:
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Data Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
- Promotional E-mails. If we obtain your e-mail address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Data Platform, as well as targeted offers from third-parties. You can stop receiving promotional e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional e-mails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders for products and service you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Data Platform.
- Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast, except as required by law.
Additional California Privacy Rights
Or by calling (888) 598-1101.