HOW TO SUBMIT A POSTCARD DESIGN
|Final Size||4 x 6||5.5 x 8.5||6 x 11|
|4.2 x 6.2||5.7 x 8.7||6.2 x 11.2|
(all text and imagery within this area)
|3.6 x 5.6||5.1 x 8.1||5.6 x 10.6|
(must remain blank)
|2.1 x 3.6||2.6 x 3.7||2.6 x 3.7|
- Compression is at 300 DPI
- “All Printer’s Marks” is unchecked
- “Use Document Bleed Settings” is checked
- The type must be outlined or submit your font files so the printer can view PDF with correct formatting.
- Left Click on the mouse and select the Entire Image or (CTRL + A)
- Navigate to the drop-down window labeled “Type” (top of your application)
- Select “Create Outlines” from the drop-down menu
- SAVE as a new copy so that you can go back and edit the type on the original file.
- From InDesign, navigate to the drop-down window labeled “File”
- Select “Package…” from the drop-down menu. A new window will open.
- Click on “Fonts” from the options on the left
- Select your font and hit “Find Font”. This will open a second window.
- Select your font again and choose “Reveal in Finder” (“Reveal in Explorer” on a PC)
- This will locate the font file in Finder (or Explorer) for you, which you are then able to drag into the same folder where you are keeping your design files.
TIPS FOR EFFECTIVE POSTCARD DESIGN
Ask For The Order
Tell them what they need to do next.
We Often Suggest Using a Free Estimate as an Initial Offer
Free estimates give homeowners an immediate value that isn’t dependent on them making a purchase.
Tell Them Why You Are The Best Choice
List the benefits of your services.
Keep Copy To A Minimum
When adding copy, keep your message clear, concise and impactful.
Include logos to boost your trustworthiness: Better Business Bureau, Trade association, Licence number.
Find more information on design tips here.
DOES YOUR POSTCARD PASS THE UTLIMATE VISUAL TEST?
- Actual picture of your truck (new smart phones take a quality photo so it doesn’t need to be professional photo)
- Include your crew which is great introduction and shows the homeowner who they are hiring.