Design and submit your own custom artwork and we will print and mail your daily postcards.
Step One: Identify a Graphic Designer
We currently do not provide graphic design services. Please work with a graphic designer of your choice to create postcard artwork that you will simply submit to us to print. Please have your designer review the printer specifications below before submitting artwork.
Don't have a graphic designer? Learn how to find a graphic designer here.
Step Two: Design Postcard to Meet Postcard Specs
Please download our Specification Sheets and give to your designer or have them visit this webpage.
Design Files are also available to download here:
- Set image size to 4.2 inches x 6.2 inches: Trimmed to 4 x 6 inches
- Set image size to 5.7 inches x 8.7 inches: Trimmed 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Set image size to 6.2 inches x 11.2 inches: Trimmed 6 x 11 inches
- Margins are .2" all sides, Bleed .1" all sides
- All text, logos and critical visuals must stay inside the margins
- No logos, text, or images inside the address or indicia zones
OTHER GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- The resolution must be 300 DPI including all images and/or logos placed in a file
- Do NOT include crop/printer marks on final design
MUST OUTLINE TEXT or PROVIDE FONT FILES
How to Outline Text:
Once everything within your design in InDesign is complete, and no more type will need to be edited, you can create outlines of the text so that the printer can view the PDF while retaining all formatting to fonts.
- From the Selection Tool (Arrow on top left)
- Left Click on the mouse and select the Entire Image or (CTRL + A)
- Navigate to the drop-down window labeled “Type” (top of your application)
- Select “Create Outlines” from the drop-down menu
- SAVE as a new copy so that you can go back and edit the type on the original file.
How to Include Font Files from your Design:
1. From InDesign, navigate to the drop-down window labeled “File”
2. Select “Package…” from the drop-down menu. A new window will open.
3. Click on “Fonts” from the options on the left
4. Select your font and hit “Find Font”. This will open a second window.
5. Select your font again and choose “Reveal in Finder” (“Reveal in Explorer” on a PC)
6. This will locate the font file in Finder (or Explorer) for you, which you are then able to drag into the same folder where you are keeping your design files.
Step Three: Export & Submit Your Design as PDF
Review the design to make sure it abides by all the design specifications above before submitting.
DESIGNER CONTACT INFORMATION
Please include your designer's name and contact information so that our printer can contact them directly if there is an issue with your design.
EXPORT PDF - Here are TIPS to make sure it is formatted correctly
In the PDF export settings, please make sure:
- Compression is at 300 DPI
- "All Printer's Marks" is unchecked
- "Use Document Bleed Settings" is checked
- The design must be outlined or submit your font files
SUBMIT A FILE
- Upload your file when you are completing your online signup
- Email your PDF - For large files, you may need to email a link from a file sharing service like Dropbox