August 27, 2014
If someone asked you the difference between online and offline marketing, you’d probably think it’s a simple question. But, is it? Today I'm here to share why you can’t really separate the two anymore.
Why? For consumers and businesses the line between these two marketing channels is becoming as blurry as headlights in a San Francisco fog.
3 Important Stats Every Business Should Know
- Two-thirds of online searches are the result of exposure to offline marketing and 40% of those searchers make a purchase. (Study by iProspect)
- For purchases over $500, at least 81% of consumers went online to research the product/company before heading to the store. (GE’s Major Purchase Study, 2013)
- When direct mail is added to campaigns, online marketing pays back 62% more and TV advertising pays back 37% more. (BrandScience research)
Today, consumers combine postcards, TV, reviews, websites, and social media to create an overall mental picture of companies and products. On or off, marketing channels blend seamlessly together in our minds.
Knowing that means you can make the "sweet spot" between digital and real-world marketing work for you. Meet the Amplifier Effect.
I know it looks like someone flunked math, but here’s how that works:
A company spends $200 improving their website and another $200 on postcards. Because the two increase exposure and play off of each other, the resulting impacts are greater than if they had spent $400 on just one marketing channel.
Amplification really works, but there's a catch...it can go in the opposite direction too! Like this:
- Even the best postcard campaign in the world will face an uphill battle if your website looks like crap. (i.e: 1+1=0)
- CASE STUDY & UPDATE: We actually had a perfect example of this fall into our lap. One customer's offline marketing with postcard moving leads took a SERIOUS dip (over 50% drop in response rate) because of their website. Here's the full story on how online mistakes can seriously impact offline moving leads!
Of course, if you're only using one channel, you're missing out on the power of amplification. Don't make that mistake! Get more exposure, web traffic, and sales opportunities by diversifying. It works, that's why we help movers boost sales with leads retargeting that combines online and offline interaction.
Categories: Marketing Plans